Michigan, says author, paddler, and outdoorsman Jeff Counts, is a state best seen from the vantage point of a canoe or kayak. You can put a canoe or kayak in almost anywhere and have a decent time. This guide takes paddlers to the best water with the best scenery."
The comprehensive information he provides will help you make the most of your precious leisure time with the lowdown on:
- arranging trips on your own or with an outfitter
- specific trips to take, whether you have a one day, three days, five days, or a week to spend
- when to go to avoid bugs and bad weather
- proper gear, bug repellent, canoes versus kayaks, and river ethics
- great camping spots on the lakes or rivers you're paddling